Workout of the Day brought to you by The Bar Complete 6 rounds for time. Finish your workout with 100 weighted walking lunges. Get creative and have fun....
With summer just around the corner, everyone in the gym is looking to get those six pack abs. Gym goers are always in search of the best exercises...
Don't neglect your glutes and hamstrings, especially guys! If you have a weakness with your deadlift or squat, it is likely that you will benefit from additional posterior chain...
Caleb Lee Boudreaux
"The atmosphere in this place is filled with motivation. It's hard to leave this place not feeling like a champion. It's just a no frills, hard working and well rounded gym."
"Wonderful old school gym. Where aren't consider another member but family! The best gym in the state of Florida!!!!"
"Best Gym in NwFl. Glad I found it and well worth the membership even if I only have time to make the 40 minute drive once a week.. Thanks Gus for telling me about it."
General Fitness Related FAQ's
Exercise doesn’t have to be an all-or-nothing situation. You don’t have to spend countless hours in a gym or force yourself into monotonous activities you hate, in order to get benefits. Adding just a little physical activity to your weekly routine can have a big effect on your fitness. Whatever your age or fitness level, you can find simple, fun ways to add more movement into your life so that you can start looking and feeling better.
Exercising moderately for 30 minutes, five times a week is one of the best things you can do for your health and fitness. Make easier by spliting your workouts into two 15-minute workouts. Try going for a walk, riding your bike, or swimming a few laps in the pool. Get creative and hae fun with it. No go out and get moving!
Experts agree your best bet is a low-fat snack with a mix of protein and complex carbohydrates. The meal should be about 100 to 300 calories depending upon your upcoming activity.
Here are some healthy snack options:
- Oatmeal with cinnamon and blueberries or dried cranberries
- Whole wheat toast topped with nut butter and sliced bananas
- Fruit smoothie with yogurt
- Greek yogurt with low-fat granola and berries
- Half of a turkey sandwich
- Raw veggies with hummus for dipping
- Whole-grain crackers with 1 oz of low-fat cheese
- Cottage cheese and sliced apples or bananas
- Trail mix with nuts and dried fruit
What NOT to Eat Before Exercise
Avoid foods that are high in fat or fiber. These foods take longer to digest, and leave you feeling sluggish.
Personal Trainers are not just for the rich and famous. If you are lacking motivation or knowledge you might benefit from hiring a trainer. A certified trainer can help design a program specially for you and your fitness goals. A good trainer can help educate you on proper form and will make sure you have right technique. It is their job to educate, instruct, correct and motivate you.
Trainers are a dime a dozen these days. Finding a good trainer can be the tough part. Word-of-mouth is a good way to find a quality trainer, since it helps to get feedback from someone who has already used the trainer's services. Just keep in mind that what works for one person doesn't always work for another.
One of the most important things to ask about is a trainer's credentials. Your trainer should have a reputable certification and preferably, a degree in exercise science. Research the trainers background. Make sure that they are degreed in the health and exercise field. In addition, make sure the trainer holds a nationally recognized certification. Professionally recognized certifications include the following National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), or the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA). In addition, your trainer should have a current CPR and First Aid.
Although there are many reputable trainers out there who know what they are doing, there are also those who don't. Here are 5 common warning signs to ltell you if this trainer is one to avoid.
1. Trainer is not degreed, certified or experienced. Just because you can train yourself, does not mean that you can train other people!
2. Trainer tries to push un-needed supplments or any kind of multi level marketing scheme.
3. Trainer is unable to answer questions related to exercise, training or programming.
4. Trainer is unable to modify or alter your program if you have an injury or are just unable to execute the exercise
5. Make sure your trainer is experienced in the area of fitness you are trying to obtain. Trainers usually have specialities. Make sure your goals and their expertise align.
Good luck and happy training!
10 Proven L-Glutamine Benefits
- Improves gastrointestinal health because it is a vital nutrient for the intestines to rebuild and repair
- Helps heal ulcers and leaky gut by acting as a band-aid for protection from further damage
- Is an essential neurotransmitter in the brain and helps with memory, focus and concentration
- L-glutamine improves IBS and diarrhea by balancing mucus production which results in healthy bowel movements
- Promotes muscle growth and decreases muscle wasting
- Improves athletic performance and recovery from endurance exercise
- Improves metabolism and cellular detoxification
- Curbs cravings for sugar and alcohol
- Fights cancer
- Improves diabetes and blood sugar
- Monday5:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday5:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m
- Wednesday5:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m
- Thursday5:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m
- Friday5:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m
- Saturday7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m
- SundayCLOSED FOR THE SUMMER
Note: Holiday schedule subject to change